Monday, April 26, 2010

Norby King: Drummer Boy From Illinois


Norby King was my drummer in several of my bands and on all my Chicago recordings. He was originally from Calumet City, Illinois. We lived a block away from each other and when I needed a drummer, he was my first choice. When he sat down behind his drums, he put on a show, he was exciting. Norby was a great musician and even more than that, a close friend. I could always count on Norby to be there when I needed him. Sadly, Norby passed away several years ago shortly after his 60th birthday. I'm sure he's a drummer in a band in a better place.


1 comment:

  1. I was a student of norbys back in the 80s. He was the guy I learned the most from and developed most of my drumming style from him. I was saddened to read that he has since passed. I spoke to him last when he was in florida. I asked what he was doing and he said that he qas playing alot of golf and that he used to golf in the 80s but now will golf in any weather....classic norby! To date I still carry
    much of my drumming style large in part to his
    teachings andi appreciate every bit of it. Thank you norby!
    Chris
    Cm.Starke@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete