Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Willy And The Jeepers: "Where Ya Been"

This song, "Where Ya Been", is one of the first songs I ever recorded. This was about 4 years before I took the name "Tobin Matthews". It was recorded with the Jeepers band in Frank McNulty's home studio near Chicago. I was about 17 years old and the guys in the band were 15 and 16 years of age. "Where Ya Been" was written by Jimmy McHugh who played guitar in the group. Now, when I listen to it, I realize the bass was way too far up front. At that time we thought it was great. We were green and had no clue about recording. We would do one or two takes and thought that was good enough. "Where Ya Been" was our opening song at Popples Under 21 Club, record hops and other places we played. The kids loved it. I guess that's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment